Sixteen candles...

My nephew, Ivan, celebrated his 16th birthday on Thursday. We had a big family party for him on Saturday. It's hard to believe that he is 16! It seems like just yesterday when I was heading off to college and he was born! Now, he has outgrown us all! He is such a good kid and we're all so proud of him. I just had to write him a poem to commemorate this event! I'm really proud of my big sister for planning such a special party for him! And yes, his name really is Francis Ivanho St. Cyr Thompson IV, just like it says on one of his cakes!!! The other one represented stages of his life with pictures of him at various ages. When I called him on Thursday to wish him a happy birthday, I asked him how it felt to be 16 and he said overwhelming. When I asked him why, he said b/c he had pretty much gotten everything he wanted. I said, "and that's different from when???" Ha! Ha! He already had a truck so he got a sound system for it, new tires, new golf club, clothes, and other various things for the truck, and lots of money! See, he's also an only child and his parents have a wonderful marriage and have been married for 20 years!


After a fun-filled Saturday, there was more to come on Sunday...

No comments: