Fright Night

Halloween came early at our house this year...

I wake up at 6am every morning and I'm the only one up until Carter gets up at 7am.

This morning, after my shower, I went into the kitchen to eat breakfast...

The kitchen light was on. I just assumed that Cooper turned it on in the middle of the night when he woke up crying.

I also noticed that the back door was unlocked. Again, no big deal, since some irresponsible person in our house tends to leave the doors unlocked often. That's a whole other issue in itself!

I sat down to eat and noticed that Raleigh was acting crazy. I heard something fall in the laundry room and just thought that he knocked something over.

After a few minutes, I heard the door stopper behind the laundry room door, you know that "boing" sound that it makes. Now, I'm getting concerned. I hear it again.

My heart is beating very fast as I get up, go over, and turn the laundry room light on. I notice that the laundry room door is not open all the way so I try to push it open and not only does it not go all the way to the wall, it comes back to me! As scared as I am, I try it again with the same results.

As terrified as I am, I decide that I'm going to peek in the door crack. After letting out a gentle scream, I realize that it's only.................

Carter, my lovely son, who woke up early and was scared that I'd be upset with him for getting up so early (only b/c he's just like his mom and gets ill when he doesn't get enough sleep!) so he decided to hide from me and in the process, scared the living daylights out of me!

1 comment:

Kendra Haneline said...

oh that's hilarious! i would have probably hit or slammed the door open & knocked out my kid!