UNC-Greensboro

I finally got around to taking the boys to visit UNC-G, where I went to college. We went with the Burgesses. Jill was the first person I met there and it's also where she & Todd met. I remember sitting in class and looking around to see who looked like they might make a good friend for me! Little did I know that she was doing the same thing...when she walked in, she saw me & sat down behind me because she thought I looked like a good friend! As it turns out, we've been friends for 16 years! So, it holds lots of fond memories for us!

The kids actually had a really good time. Their favorite thing was this computerized thing on the wall where you can manipulate with your hands. It looks like bubbles or rain coming down in different colors. You can see here that it looks like they're catching it in their hands!


UNC-G water tower:


This is "The Rock" where the Sociology club paints messages to the students!


They enjoyed seeing all of the athletic fields. Here they are with our mascot, The Spartan!


They especially enjoyed our lunch at the famous Yum-Yum's! It is one of those little hole in the wall restaurants that has been open since 1906. They sell hot dogs and ice cream and it is delicious! It only cost $6.80 for the 3 of us to eat lunch...but then we got ice cream, too! Yum-Yum!!!

No comments: