Myrtle Beach Days

We took our annual trip to Myrtle Beach Memorial weekend with the rest of the family. I just love these times, knowing that my children are creating memories that will last a lifetime. I love how close they are to their grandparents and the special relationships that they have with their cousins. Cooper and Elizabeth are so adorable together and they are absolutely inseparable when they get together! It's like noone else in the world exists except for the two of them. Luckily, Nancy and Kelly were able to come with us this time, so Carter also had a playmate. He and Kelly have grown so much closer over the past year, too.

I am just as intrigued by the ocean as I am frightened by it. I have always loved learning about sea creatures and now, so does Carter! I remember playing on a raft in the ocean when I was little and before we knew it, our parents would be yelling for us to come back because we would've gone way down the beach without even realizing it. Now, I'm the parent in the situation trying not to take my eyes off of my kids in fear that they'll be swallowed up by the ocean! All the while, smiling so they won't know my fears! After all, I do want them to love the ocean and to enjoy it and they certainly did this time!

David & Carter's new thing is going to the Nascar park. They started this last year and do it every time now. When Cooper is old enough, he'll be joining them, I'm sure! Carter & DD always go play putt-putt together. My new thing is walking on the beach every morning...I borrowed Laurie's MP3 player and let me tell you....there is nothing more spectacular than walking down the beach listening to praise music and staring at God's beautiful creation at the same time! WOW!

We all had a wonderful time and are already looking forward to the next trip in a few weeks!

No comments: