I NEED PRAYER....

I am in desperate need of prayer! We have a 3 year old who is out of control. I have been working on potty training all summer and he is still not completely potty trained. He refuses to poop in the potty. He does things that Carter never dreamed of doing at his age. He tells me no, tells me I'm so mean, talks back, won't clean up, won't listen or obey, and his newest things are running from us and being mean to other kids.

On the flip side, he is the most loving child in the world. He hugs and kisses me thousands of times a day, tells me he loves me, instantly says he's sorry without being told if he accidentally hurts someone, uses his manners...all of those things that is like pulling teeth to get Carter to do, which shows how different they are.

For example, we were at Dan Nicholas park last week and they were playing on the playground. I looked up just in time to see Cooper about to push a little girl off. She came within inches of falling off of the equipment. I climbed up onto the equipment after him and he ran down and continued to run probably about a 1/2 of a mile from me. Needless to say, I was livid and we made a trip to the bathroom!

He has run from me in the grocery store, in the neighborhood, and from David in Lowe's.

Yesterday, he punched a little girl in our neighborhood in the eye!

Today, we went to McDonald's and the kids were playing on the playground. Imagine my surprise when I heard all the parents and kids talking about a little boy in an orange Star Wars shirt being mean to all the kids up top. Guess who? Cooper! I was mortified! I immediately got him down and took him home to receive yet another "reminder," timeout, and toys taken away. How embarassing!

Where do they learn this stuff?!?

I've found that there is nothing of value to him that will make a difference. He doesn't care if he gets spanked, goes to timeout, or gets his toys taken away. So, I'm at a loss as to what else to do with him. Nothing seems to work. I am to the point of tears. This is not how I've raised him to be. I will welcome any and all suggestions or ideas and most definitely, prayers!

PLEASE HELP!

1 comment:

Kendra Haneline said...

All I can say is welcome to the second child. Carter Luke is the same way. It's gotten a little beter over the years. He's never really been mean to other kids, but the disobedience is exactly the same. He cares about nothing... there is nothing of value to him. Sorry, I can't give you any help. I would recommend reading the Lisa Whelchel book Creative Correction. I need to read it again. I know there is an updated version with more toddler tips now. Good luck!