It's GONE!

The pacifier is officially gone! Cooper was extrememly attached to his pacifier, or "bappies" as he liked to call it. We took Carter's at 2 yrs. old, but haven't been that successful with Cooper. I was planning on taking it this summer after school gets out when I can afford to lose a little sleep. But, he truly lost it the other day when he decided to throw it. We were down to 2 and all of a sudden, they both disappeared the same day! So, there you go! He has done amazingly well! It has taken a little longer to fall asleep and there has been a few short-lived outbursts during the night. He's asked for it only a few times and has pretty much accepted the fact that it's gone forever! I have to admit that we did find 1 of them the day after, but since he'd already gone 1 night without it and was adjusting to life without it, I wasn't about to give it back! As much as I don't miss the whining (miraculously, that disappeared along with the pacifiers!?!), sadly, this is one more step away from babyhood. My baby is growing up way too fast and quickly becoming a little boy and that truly makes me sad! That being said, next on my list is POTTY TRAINING! I have my work cut out for me this summer!

No comments: