Happy Birthday, Carter!

THEN...


Carter's birthday fell on Easter this year! He was so excited to get Easter and birthday treats on the same day! He got a Nintendo DS from us and the Star Wars kit for it from Cooper. We met David's parents for dinner at a Mexican restaurant and he got to wear a sombrero!

I can't believe my firstborn son is 8 years old! Carter is my very analytical child. He loves numbers and being precise. I can see him growing up to be a meteorologist or an accountant. If you ask him what time he woke up, he tells you the exact time, like 7:03. He loves exploring the weather and finding out what the temperature is going to be.

I am so proud of his intelligence. He makes straight A's and can read anything you put in front of him. He's reading several grade levels above. The only thing bad about this is that he sometimes finds school boring because he thinks he already knows everything! Notice I said, "thinks!" His favorite books to read right now are The Magic Tree House series. He's not so great in the handwriting department...unfortunately, he inherits that from his daddy...ha! ha!

Like most other boys, Carter loves anything electronic...Wii, Gameboy, DS, PS2. He enjoys listening to music, although I'm not fond of the fact that he gets most of his music choices from his daddy. But, he does like listening to the Chipmunks & theme songs from animated movies on his playlist.

As a family, we have really gotten into watching movies together over the past year. Our 1st trip to the cinema all together was to see "Star Wars, The Clone Wars."

Carter also likes to watch The Clone Wars on tv, along with Ben 10. Carter & Cooper love to play pretend Ben 10 in the backyard.

Of course, like his Daddy & Granddaddy, he loves sports! His room is done in a Wolfpack theme, no less. His favorite sport is basketball. He usually goes outside to shoot almost everyday when he gets home from school. He always plays on a team in the winter and in the summer. However, he also plays soccer and flag football. He's always known as the fastest runner, so I keep telling him he should run track when he gets to high school. He seems to like that idea. He also loves to swim in indoor pools in the winter or outside in the summer. He definitely gets his athletic abilities from his daddy!

Carter is much like his mom with his low tolerance for pain and he hates to take medicine. Although, unlike me, he does not like to sleep and he is a picky eater.

Together, we love to read books, play games, travel, & do fun activities/events with our friends.

Carter is a great big brother to Cooper. He helps take care of him, plays with him, and loves on him. That's fantastic considering there's a 4 year age difference.

I take him to school in the mornings and he gets out of his seat as soon as we hit the parking lot to give me a kiss before we even reach the school front! But, at home...I LOVE the fact that he still walks by and gives me a hug or kiss and tells me he loves me on his own! I also love the fact that he still plays with my hair when we're hugging or cuddling during prayer time (he has done that since he was born!)

So, Happy Birthday to my precious Carter! As sad as it is to think about him growing up so fast, I'm enjoying every second with him! Not only will he be able to celebrate his birthday every year, but he'll be celebrating his spiritual birthday since this was the day he got saved! Praise God for such a wonderful blessing!

Sorry if all of this is boring for you, but I mainly wrote it for me so I will never forget these precious details!


NOW...


No comments: