Farewell to Silver Valley...

Well, I said my goodbyes to Silver Valley on Thursday. It was really hard because I'm not fond of change and it's always hard for me to say goodbye. I loved (& for the record, I still do) my co-workers and truly the job. However, it is a very intense position full of paperwork, documentation, plans, meetings, etc...that was pretty difficult for me to compete with having little ones and responsibilities at home and with my own children.

I feel really bad for leaving mid-year, but ultimately, I think it was the best decision for our family and for my sanity at this time . I don't think God would open doors if He didn't want us to walk through them. So, I will be simply tutoring for the remainder of this school year and praying fervently that God will see fit for me to stay home again this fall.

I am just not one of those women who get fulfilled from a successful career. I get my joy from being a wife, mother, and homemaker and honestly, that's all I wish for out of life. Therefore, it makes it extremely difficult to financially need to work.

The wonderful staff at Silver Valley gave me these beautiful Calla Lilies, which I'm told will bloom each year after being planted and in turn, will remind me of them! My wonderful co-workers, Heather and Andrea, gave me the Love of Learning Willow Tree to add to my collection. I am so blessed to have worked with them and to have them as friends! I will miss them...not to mention my laptop, which I coveted all day Thursday before having to give it up!


No comments: