Karen Kingsbury



My mom, sister (Sandra), and my Aunt Carol all went to First Christian Church in Kernersville to see Karen Kingsbury. This was the weekend that I was at the beach. Otherwise, I definitely would've been there. For those of you who don't know who she is, or haven't read any of her books, I urge you to do so! She is one of my very favorite Christian authors and I'm very picky about my books! My mom is an avid reader/collector of her books so she turned me on to them.

If you decide to check it out, you need to start with the Redemption Series. It is about the Baxter Family who has 5 grown children and what happens in each of their lives-you know... marriage, kids, loves/losts, trials/tribulations. There are 5 books in that series and then comes the First Born Series with 5 more books following the same family in addition to new characters. And finally, the Sunrise series is in progress now. There will be 4 books and the 3rd one is coming out next week! I can't wait! Again, it follows the same family and new ones along the way. I'm telling you once you pick one up, you can't put it down! They are very addictive.

Even better than those are the children's books that she's writing. If you have a son, you absolutely have to buy "Let Me Hold You Longer" for him or just for yourself. It is about how we recognize our children's "firsts" and record them all, but we never know when something is going to be their "last" and it asks God to let us hold on longer to every precious last. If that one doesn't make you sob enough, the other one that's a MUST is "Be Safe Little Boy." This takes you through each stage of your son's life from a mother's perspective and the little prayers we say for them along the way and asks them to always cling to God. I can't read either one of these without sobbing! I've already bought each for Carter and I will get copies for Cooper, too. There's a little girl version of this book, too, but it's for Dads, which would be a great Father's Day gift if you have a daughter!

Anyway, if you like to read, I hope you'll share my love of Karen Kingsbury's wonderful books!

No comments: