Hope Lives

Our church is having an event on Saturday, March 28th called Hope Lives. It's for families in the community that have lost their jobs due to the economy. We're offering free car washes, salon/spa treatments, information/advice on all sorts of things, boxes of food, school supplies, and clothes!

Our church bulletin had a flyer with a food list that had been priced at Aldi's for the food boxes. I have never been there, but I went today to get the food for the boxes. On my way in, an older lady offered me her cart. I looked in my purse for a quarter to give her, but I didn't have one. So, she told me that I'd just have to get my own! Ok.... So, I had to go in the store to get change. When I was done and going to return my cart, another older lady was getting ready to get a cart. I offered her mine and told her she could have it for FREE! She was absolutely adamant about giving me a quarter and wouldn't let me leave until she did, even after I insisted that I didn't want her to pay me!

No comments: